The drugs don’t work and you can’t trust the media!
This is important.
YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THIS.
It you have ever been prescribed statins, or if someone you love is taking statins, you DEFINITELY need to invest half an hour of your day into reading this post and watching this important and educational video.
This is a fascinating watch, well worth 18 minutes of your life.
I posted a slightly controversial post on our very active MND Facebook page the other day, in a nutshell I was saying “We seem to have more medical science and nutrition knowledge and qualified experts than ever these days, yet in general the whole of society is fatter and sicker than they have ever been before. Are we getting lost in the detail, buried in science, digging too deep and missing the bigger picture? Is all that science being hijacked by companies trying to sell us stuff, supplements, compression clothing, training programs and exercise equipment? Maybe all we need is to get back to nature, use some common sense, live more naturally and shun some of the endless modern inventions.” I have spoken extensively about this here: http://mothernaturesdiet.tv/2014/09/01/mnd-tv-episode-1/ That was the thrust of my post - but it’s a highly relevant thought to keep in your mind as you watch this video and read this post.
Now watch this video
Truth That Lasts: David Newman at TEDxColumbiaEngineering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCk_vTkS6bU
The first 6 minutes Dr Newman explains how “scientific research” showing truly miniscule results, really imperceptible results that actually aren’t results at all, ends up reported in the popular media as “fact” which is “proven by science” and people believe it and spend years basing their behaviour on these reported facts.
This happens all the time. Think of the 40+ years that meat has been demonised as the cause of heart disease. Remember how you were told not to eat too many eggs? I have warned about statistics before: https://mothernaturesdiet.me/2014/02/02/statistics-can-be-misleading/
Then from 8 minutes, he goes on to show, that when you use this NNT tool (it’s a software tool that he and his team of Doctors have put together) to analyse lots of data from lots of trials and studies in many countries over many years, you can compile thousands of scientific research studies together and crunch all the data to see real repeatable, predictable patterns emerge.
By looking at data in this way, this big picture thinking, he proves that:
- Blood pressure pills (taken for years) make 4% difference (compared to no treatment)
- He looks at treatment for heart disease (global #1 biggest killer of the human race today) and he concludes:
- 5 years of aspirin as a treatment for high risk heart attack patients - 1% effective (I.E. given to 100 people, it will save 1 life - that is considered to be reasonably good in scientific terms)
- 5 years of statins for high risk heart disease patients - again it is just 1% effective
- 5 years of aspirin in regular patients, that is people who are not in the high risk category - NO advantage at all
- 5 years of statins for regular patients, not in the high risk category - again NO advantage at all. Yet I know so many people who have slightly elevated cholesterol who are being pushed statins and told to take them for life!!! And remember, there is NO evidence that elevated cholesterol leads to heart disease. NONE. I challenge you to show me evidence - there is none. This is at 12 minutes in the video - if you have been recommended statins, WATCH THIS VIDEO. Most of these people are not even sick, they are being recommended statins (which have many as-yet-unconfirmed possible side effects and complications, including some suggesting elevated cancer rates) and yet they are not even ill, let alone high risk!
- He shows that having a coronary stent fitted during a heart attack can be a highly effective treatment - but having a coronary stent fitted at any other time confers no benefit at all to anyone (but the cost of stent surgery is vast)
- Then, at 13:30 he explains that the MOST effective treatment EVER known for coronary heart disease - beats any drugs, beats any surgical procedure - is switching patients to the Mediterranean diet!!! He names meat, olive oil, fish, vegetables!!
- His metric of measurement, the NNT, the “number needed to treat” is just 30.
Let me translate that for you - coronary stent operations, costing thousands per time, are proven to only help save lives if the procedure is done during a heart attack. Years of statins, costing the tax payer an untold fortune and making statins the highest grossing drugs in the world (it’s a $30 Bn dollar statin industry folks - that’s as much money as the entire global recorded music industry), just on statins - and there is NO proven benefit…you can treat millions of non-high-risk people with stents and statins and studies prove you offer no benefit and save no lives. But switch people to a clean diet, high in meat, fish, oil, vegetables, some fruit and nuts and yes a little red wine, and for every 30 people who ditch the highly processed Western diet and go healthy, a LIFE IS SAVED.
ARE YOU GETTING THIS?????
- You see where I’m going with this now and how it is all related to MND??? Follow my work and ditch the pills - we can save 500 times more lives than all the pills and potions ever will!!!
- A clean healthy natural diet “the most powerful coronary intervention ever known” - You see???
- And to top it off, finally, at 15:50 you hear a well qualified, well-respected Doctor admit that the science is flawed. All these highly qualified experts who would say that MND and people like me are “quacks”, who would say that if my posts are not referencing “evidence based science” then they are fundamentally flawed, here is the confession - “…in healthcare, we have held information back”.
I want to thank the most excellent and knowledgeable Dr Malcolm Kendrick for emailing this clip to me.
And now the NHS is groaning about our obesity epidemic
Also in the news this week, we have the Chief Exec of the NHS telling us that we will likely face increased taxes to cover the cost of the UK obesity epidemic if we don’t get things under control - Obesity is the new smoking, says NHS boss in England - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29253071
So we have this BBC article, stating that obesity is now a bigger imperative than smoking. All my life, the last 44 years “they” have been telling us to quit smoking - now the #1 public problem is obesity.
Do you think, over the next 44 years we’ll see a fight against obesity, pushing some of the same things they have pushed on smokers over the last few decades?
Will the government get behind this and:
- Tax sugary foods as highly as they tax tobacco products?
- Ban the eating of sugary foods and drinking sugary drinks in public places?
- Ban the sale of sugary foods and drinks to OUR CHILDREN?
- Ban advertising sugary foods to kids? Coke? Chocolate bars? Sugar-coated breakfast cereal? They put kids toys in cereals to make children buy them, McDonalds package toys in happy meals to PUSH their products to kids. Will these practices be banned? I’ve talked about this before - here http://youtu.be/gDZ9_sfhRao - pushing sugary foods to our kids is as bad as encouraging them to smoke!
- Will they start congratulating those of us who have quit sugar, patting us on the back for a job well done?
- Drop VAT on sports and exercise equipment?
- Raise tax on anything with added sugar?
- Raise tax on junk food?
- Raise tax on stodgy starchy carbs?
Obesity is costing the NHS £9 BILLION per year…that’s coming out of my taxes and yours. The Chief Exec of NHS England said -
“Mr Stevens said: “Obesity is the new smoking. It represents a slow-motion car crash in terms of avoidable illness and rising health care costs.
“If, as a nation, we keep piling on the pounds around the waistline, we’ll be piling on the pounds in terms of future taxes needed just to keep the NHS afloat.”
He said, unchecked, the result of growing obesity rates would be a “huge rise” in disability and illness, such as diabetes.”
Yet we have all the answers
We know that a clean healthy diet, high in fresh natural produce and low in processed foods (which tend to have added sugar), combined with an active lifestyle, is the answer. We know it:
- helps weight loss
- helps combat obesity
- helps reduce symptoms of diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- is the BEST defence against heart disease (see all this post above)
- and helps combat cancer (as I posted a few months ago, when another huge study recommended moving from 5-a-day to 7-a-day to reduce incidence of cancer - see my post here: https://mothernaturesdiet.me/2014/04/04/7-a-day-offers-health-benefits-and-protection-from-cancer-eat-the-mnd-way-and-get-17-a-day/
Now, put ALL this together -
1) You can’t always trust the garbage media reporting of scientific research. You must dig into the research yourself (or just follow MND, and I do it all for you - you know, what do you think I’ve ben doing this for all this time!!??!!) and separate facts from guff that makes for good headlines
2) A clean healthy diet high in fresh natural plants and animals, and low in processed foods, is the BEST defence EVER against heart disease, global #1 killer
3) The drugs don’t work. Even the ones that do work, are only saving a few percent of lives. The best drugs seem to help one in a hundred. The best surgery under emergency conditions saves 1 in 40. Switching to a clean diet is proved to save 1 in 30. Now, imagine if we all switch to the clean healthy diet and active lifestyle BEFORE WE GET SICK…then we might save many, many more from ever facing that heart attack
4) We as a nation are facing crippling taxes and an imploding NHS if we don’t get a handle on our obesity problem
5) The same diet that protects against heart disease, confers cancer protection too
6) MND has it all covered - this is the optimum healthy lifestyle. I’ve been studying all this for you for the last two decades, to bring you the MND way, 12 simple principles to live a life of abundance and supreme good health
So just do it! https://mothernaturesdiet.me/the-rules/
Who’s with me?