I know I often write long posts, and you might not have time to read them. So I will put bullet points at the start, telling you in brief what the post is about, and in brief, the main conclusions or points that I come to.
This way, if you are short of time, you can read the bullet points, which only takes 30 seconds, and it should tell you the essence of the post - if it sounds interesting, you will find the 5 minutes you need to read the whole thing, but otherwise, the bullet points tell you enough to get the main idea.
I will try to remember to summarize all future posts this way. I hope this is helpful!
What is this post about?
- Some people are obsessed with clean eating, while the rest of their life is in a mess!
- Some people are obsessed with weight training or a certain sport, but pay little attention to good diet
- Some people eat well and exercise, but the allow other areas of life to stress them out, having a negative impact on their lives
- Some people do so much endurance sport they never allow time for recovery - and an excess of almost anything can become unhealthy eventually
- I meet a lot of folks who put in killer workouts and intense training sessions, but then they are ill with colds and flu every few weeks
- You have to be a big picture thinker
- Take a holistic approach to optimal good health
- Balance is essential - train with weights, train aerobically, have heavy days, and easy days, eat well, de-stress and look to ensure there is happiness in your life…all these areas are equally important
Read on to learn more.
You have to look at the bigger picture
I see lots of people fixated on just food or just exercise, but I fear they are failing to look at the bigger picture. Supreme good health and abundant energy does not come from putting ALL your attention on just one thing, you have to think holistically.
I often meet people who obsess over ‘pure clean eating’, they are fanatical about eating raw, organic, vegan, local, seasonal and only grown in countries that ban GMO crops. They know a million reasons why you mustn’t cook with a certain oil, because heating it produces some ghastly carcinogenic chemicals, they will tell you that it’s like cooking your dinner in toxic waste! They will tell you everything there is to know about sprouting beans, fermenting vegetables, home made sour dough bread and the nutrient profile of certain seeds. Read more